Here are some ways to prevent Air Pollution
- Reduce carbon dioxide emissions by leave your car at home two days a week (walk, bike, or take the bus or subway to work instead).
- When running errands, combine trips so that you are not using your car for single-purpose trips.
- Telecommute to work, consider “flexiplace” options.
- If purchasing a new vehicle, consider a fuel-smart or hybrid car – one that gets more miles to the gallon than your current vehicle, and match the vehicle to your needs. Do not buy a pickup truck if you only need to carry large items twice a year.
- Carpool with your co-workers, friends or neighbors.
- Use your car for multiple purpose trips such as errands.
Do your bit today!